Monday, April 16, 2012

The Empty Chair (Part 1)

4/ Design at 9pm

Lately, I have this habit of spending more time alone.
Most of them are spent with an author and genre or 
An imagination and thought. 

So far, I always find myself hanging out in this place in high street
Its one of my favorite places and I call it 4/ design.
The baristas know me there as Ever (my coffee name since 2003)
It has a warm ambience scored with a variety of Jazz that plays in 
The air, shooing my negative thoughts away.
I’ve always been positive and quirky which affects
The way I think and imagine. 

This year, I decided to immortalize my thoughts into blogs 
Since there are almost 500 of them in a day, I might as well 
Share some of them. During my moments of wandering (figuratively), you’ll
Find me sitting in front of an empty chair. 
I love an empty chair
Its like an invisible blank that longs to be filled 
A space that attracts occupancy 

The empty chair

The chair in front of me is empty again.
It’s empty because...
Well, its just empty. 
Someone hasn’t seated on it yet
Someone is still on its way 
Or I just didn’t put something on it

Suddenly, I was reminded of my earlier conversation with Abby, the barista.

Barista: Would you like to have a cup of water Ms. Ever?
Me: Sure, warm water please. 
Barista: Okay. Are you waiting for someone?
Me: (I took it figuratively which made me smirk) No. 
My mind: well... Not really.. Actually, I do not know anymore. 

Almost 10pm

My mind goes back to earth again,
Making me look at the empty chair in front of me.
I still prefer it empty
I took my cup of water and sipped
I had to go home
The water was already cold.



Taken from my FB Note

No comments:

Post a Comment