Wednesday, July 23, 2014

In Your Silence

While You’re silent
I wait
I wait for Your voice
I wait for Your instruction
I wait for Your ways
I wait

While You’re silent
I became impatient
I strived
I complained
I struggled

I continued to ask
Why
When
How

But In silence, You remained
You loved
You provided
You cared

While I continue
to persevere
to hope
to ask again

How long?
Am I doing this right?
Does this please You?
Are You still there?

And in silence
You calmed
You secured
You brought out the things hidden in the innermost being of my heart

And there, amidst Your silence
I saw Your eyes staring right into me

I am tested
I am renewed
I am secured

I trust

Beyond mere words
Signs
Affirmations

Beyond what I see
Feel
and understand

What is important
Now unraveled
And found
In Your silence

February 25, 2011 - REN 

No comments:

Post a Comment