Thursday, May 10, 2012

The Induction Cooker - Day 1



Last Christmas, Patrick, my boyfriend gave me an induction cooker. After 4 months of displaying it in our condo unit, I decided to use it and go back to one of the things that I like doing most... Cooking! 





 









Since it takes 21 days to create a habit, I am devoting 21 days to cooking breakfast (or should I say, instant breakfast) using my induction cooker and I will be blogging about it so that I could have happy memories of my induction cooking days before I 
get to have my gas stove.

 




















Proceeding to Day 1 - Spam and Eggs


  





















I found myself automatically waking up early for this! Since its my first day to cook, the easiest way to go about it is to fry! Haha

  
















Thanks to Tito Mads' (Patrick's dad) Spam goods, I was able to make my Day 1 breakfast - Spam and eggs. Cooking in an induction cooker was easier since it uses magnets to heat the pan and the pan really heats fast. My Spam frying was shortened into 3-4 minutes (induction cooker timer at minimum heat), 5 minutes if you want it toasted! 

I cooked 2 types of eggs for this morning, since I have two hommies (my condomates) who have different egg preferences. 
One's sunny side up and the other is scrambled. I usually go for scrambled but my preference vary depending on my mood.

 
















After cooking the eggs and Spam, I placed some of it in my lunch box and some of it in a plate for my hommies so that I can share 
my first day of cooking to them.

  




















I consider it a fair start for my first day of frying. I hope to post more cooking stories soon! Till next Induction Cooking :D  




"This is what I have observed to be good: that it is appropriate for a person to eat, to drink and to find satisfaction in their toilsome labor under the sun during the few days of life God has given them—for this is their lot" Ecclesiastes 5:18 (NIV)




1 comment: