Thursday, May 10, 2012

The Induction Cooker Day 2


More Spam  

Truly, people will notice when you start doing something new. My officemates saw my packed breakfast for Day 1 and requested that I cook for them. So here I am now, cooking more spam! Pat said that spam should not be eaten everyday but since its one of the best breakfast and comfort food, I would like to suggest a three or four times a week spam breakfast. Haha, just kidding, that really is unhealthy!

I am using a non-stick aluminum frying pan for my induction cooker that's why I use less or a very small amount of cooking oil for cooking a dish, but for some of the batch of spam this day, I wasn't using cooking oil anymore but there's just so much oil in the pan. Come to think of it, the spam that I use already has less fat. There's a lot of natural oil in a slice of spam than you know!

Scrambled eggs are part of the meal so after cooking the spam and eggs, 20% goes to my hommie and the 80 is off to my office. My officemates liked it. Haha





  

Waking up while it is still dark


I always hear this verse in proverbs 31 that talks about the wife of s noble character's early morning habit - waking up while it's dark (She gets up while it is still dark; she provides food for her family-Proverbs 31:15 NIV 1984). I do that once a week (Wednesdays) but I rarely have time to notice it since I'm busy preparing for work. I woke up earlier today, earlier than my usual Wednesday wake-up time that is why amidst my rushing to the kitchen area, I was able to pause for a while and say to myself "now it really is still dark". The night lights are still on while you see Mr. Night do some turnover with Mr. Day.  


I like the way it was serene in my lil space. My hommie is still sleeping and I get to worship and play music while I'm cooking. I do my quiet time after the frying and all. It was one of those moments that I was thanking God for giving me a reason to happily get up. It's been a while since I felt enthusiastic about waking up and I really thank my Abba for it. this is one of the things that wake me up in the morning, the excitement and anticipation of cooking, not just for yourself but for others as well.

How about you? What wakes you up in the morning? 



No comments:

Post a Comment